Thursday, November 22, 2012

Diigo Tech Entry

http://metcalf.intand.com/index.php?type=reports&action=show&id=27

So after our last class and hearing the rave reviews about Diigo, I decided to use this as my last tech entry.  The above link is something I used Diigo to bookmark-it's personal, but it worked.

I really struggled to use this at first because I was using my iPad.  In the library I carry my iPad a lot throughout the day, so I thought it would be a great app to have and use.  Initially I struggled to get the web highlighter to upload which was REALLY frustrating!!  After what seemed like a million tries to get the highlighter to work in my safari browser, I finally had to ask my husband to help me-that part was annoying!!!

From the iPad app standpoint I think it was really hard to get Diigo ready to use.  There are directions but they are not (in my opinion) easy to follow.  As a user, you cannot keep the directions on the screen while following the steps-now maybe it's just me (and I readily admit to this as user error!), but it was frustrating when I could not get the app to work.  Once I got it up and going, I used Diigo to do bookmarking for a few personal things like the above link to my daughter's volleyball schedule.  I also bookmarked ABC Family's Christmas t.v. schedule as well.

As a resource I can see how this will be useful when I am exploring blogs, reviews, and other online information for the library.  I do not understand when I will use the highlighter function so I would like to explore that further.  I also am struggling to figure out how to use Diigo on my MacBook so I am planning on devoting more time to this as well.  I just don't think it is as easy to use as Evernote and Pinterest.

Will I use it regularly?  I'm not sure.  I don't really care for Diigo as much as other tools as I said above, but I know that my fellow classmates love it-maybe I am doing it wrong?




No comments:

Post a Comment